a nice linux util a colleague had introduced me to - sync!
At times, my system just refuses to work for many reasons and the only option left is a hard reboot. Before touching that tiny button, just run `sync` as root and at least my filesystem remains clean - it flushes all in core buffers to disk and also updates the superblock.
Not sure if it also works with fuse ie. things like ntfs-3g; but I suppose it does, because I never had a unclean ntfs partition after I started doing sync.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
-
Usually the x86 boot loader is written in assembler. We will be exploring the possibility of writing one in C language (as much as possible)...
-
I did it already. Warning you so that you don't. There is a full blown army of apps on Facebook which spam your friends with recommend...
-
Many times it happens that you start a command that takes fairly long time to complete, and before it ends, you must log out for some reason...
you must run tis command before putting ur laptop in the backpack :D
ReplyDeleteexactly that very incident made me write this post !
ReplyDelete